|February 22, 2000
- Split large strings into muliple arrays to work around silly
limitations of VC++.
- Eliminate all references to interp->result
|January 30, 2000
- Does a better job of removing comments from Tcl code.
- Other minor bug fixes.
|November 1, 1999
- Added the ability to build Tcl/Tk extensions, with or
without the Stubs library.
- Added the "Data Files" page on xmktclapp.tcl where users
can enter GIFs or other binary files to be compiled into
- Various bug fixes.
|August 7, 1999
- Fix a bug in version 3.6. Don't use version 3.6.
Update immediately if you have version 3.6.
|August 5, 1999
- Fix a bug in the UTF-8 handling while using Tcl8.1 and later.
|July 5, 1999
- Improvements to the console so that "puts -nonewline" works.
- Uses Tcl_GetByteArrayFromObj() with version 8.1 of Tcl
so that binary files will work right.
- A bug in the ET_OBJARGS macro was fixed.
|June 28, 1999
- Major bug fixed that prevented mktclapp from compiling on
systems with Tcl8.0.3 and later.
|June 21, 1999
- Version 3.2 broke the TCL "gets" command in Tcl8.0.3 and later.
This release fixes the problem.
- "tclIndex" files are never compressed.
- Added information on how to use autoconf with mktclapp.
- Changes to help the output of mktclapp compile under SunOS.
|June 14, 1999
- The GUI always starts at the last directory it was in when
doing File/Open operations.
- The interp create command now works (if linked to versions
8.0.3 or later of Tcl/Tk.)
- Mktclapp now uses calls to functions TclStatInsertProc()
TclOpenFileChannelInsertProc() if that API is available.
(The Insert-Proc API is available in Tcl/Tk 8.0.3 and later).
- Some new mktclapp API functions have been added, but not yet
documented. The documentation will follow in a future release.
|June 4, 1999
- Now works with Tcl/Tk 8.1.
- Output of puts now goes to the console.
- Multi-line inputs are accepted.
- The console will now cut and paste.
- The console is started before the Startup Script runs,
now afterwards. So puts statements in the
Startup Script appear on the console.
|May 31, 1999
- The major version number was incremented because of a very slight
incompatibility with the previous version. There really is not
that much difference from the prior version.
- Better handling of initialization errors under Windows.
- Added the "Other Libraries" listbox on the "Libraries" page
of the GUI.
- Instead of having the option to read command from Standard Input
or not, there is now a third option to have a separate console
window appear. (This is the incompatible change.)
- The generated code works better under Windows now.
- Improvements to the documentation.
|May 1, 1999
- Better handling of TCL scripts created with Windows editors.
(Fixed a CR-NL issue...)
- Better support for non-English characters (characters above
- Fixed an obscure coredump that can occur when compiling on
systems with both Tcl7.4 and Tcl8.0 installed.
|April 26, 1999
|The application wizard (xmktclapp.tcl) is greatly improved and
now features a new configuration file format. Both mktclapp
and xmktclapp.tcl share the same configuration file. The
documentation is now complete. Several bug fixes.
|March 18, 1999
||Added support for namespaces (though that support is still undocumented)
and fixed a bug in code that mktclapp generates.
|January 1, 1999
||The code that mktclapp generates can now be compiled by either
a C or a C++ compiler. It works the same either way.
Also, the Tcl_Obj interface is working and there is a brief
mention of how to use it in the documentation.
|December 30, 1998
||Folks were having trouble with the "Startup" TCL script concept.
So xmktclapp now gives a warning message for common errors. The
color enhanced tk_messageBox widget
was added to xmktclapp too.
Also: There is now (undocumented) support for Tcl Object-commands
in C modules.
|December 5, 1998
||Added a directory browser to the xmktclapp for selecting
the directories containing the Tcl and Tk library scripts.
|November 14, 1998
||Autoloading of commands was not working properly in stand-alone
executables. I added a
hack to fix it while I dream up a more elegant solution.
Also improved the error reporting some.
|November 5, 1998
||Better error reporting if there is a bug in the Startup script.
Some spelling errors in the documentation fixed.
|October 25, 1998
||Fix a bug in the "shroud" feature that was introduced by the
October 22 release. More documentation added.
|October 22, 1998
||The "Standalone" feature was not working correctly. This has
now been fixed. The application now also uses a hash function
to locate its built-in files, rather than a linear search.
|October 20, 1998
||Some minor bugs fixed in mktclapp.c and xmktclapp. No other changes.
|October 18, 1998
||Release of version 1.0 Beta 1. Documentation is still