Small. Fast. Reliable.
Choose any three.
SQLite Release 3.19.3 On 2017-06-08
- Fix a bug associated with auto_vacuum that can lead to database
corruption. The bug was introduced in version 3.16.0 (2017-01-02).
- SQLITE_SOURCE_ID: "2017-06-08 14:26:16 0ee482a1e0eae22e08edc8978c9733a96603d4509645f348ebf55b579e89636b"
- SHA3-256 for sqlite3.c: 368f1d31272b1739f804bcfa5485e5de62678015c4adbe575003ded85c164bb8
Changes carried forward from version 3.19.2 (2017-05-25):
Changes carried forward from version 3.19.1 (2017-05-24):
Changes carried forward from version 3.19.0 (2017-05-22):
- The SQLITE_READ authorizer callback is invoked once
with a column name that is an empty string
for every table referenced in a query from which no columns are extracted.
- When using an index on an expression, try to use expression values already
available in the index, rather than loading the original columns and recomputing
- Enhance the flattening optimization so that it is able to flatten views
on the right-hand side of a LEFT JOIN.
- Use replace() instead of char() for escaping newline and carriage-return
characters embedded in strings in the .dump output from the command-line shell.
- Avoid unnecessary foreign key processing in UPDATE statements that do not
touch the columns that are constrained by the foreign keys.
- On a DISTINCT query that uses an index, try to skip ahead to the next distinct
entry using the index rather than stepping through rows, when an appropriate
index is available.
- Avoid unnecessary invalidation of sqlite3_blob handles when making
changes to unrelated tables.
- Transfer any terms of the HAVING clause that use only columns mentioned in
the GROUP BY clause over to the WHERE clause for faster processing.
- Reuse the same materialization of a VIEW if that VIEW appears more than
once in the same query.
- Enhance PRAGMA integrity_check so that it identifies tables that have two
or more rows with the same rowid.
- Enhance the FTS5 query syntax so that column filters
may be applied to arbitrary expressions.
- Enhance the json_extract() function to cache and reuse parses of JSON
- Added the anycollseq.c
loadable extension that allows a generic SQLite database connection to
read a schema that contains unknown and/or
application-specific collating sequences.
- Fix a problem in REPLACE that can result in a corrupt database containing
two or more rows with the same rowid. Fix for ticket
- Fix a problem in PRAGMA integrity_check that was causing a subsequent
VACUUM to behave suboptimally.
- Fix the PRAGMA foreign_key_check command so that it works correctly with
foreign keys on WITHOUT ROWID tables.
- Fix a bug in the b-tree logic that can result in incorrect duplicate answers
for IN operator queries. Ticket
- Disallow leading zeros in numeric constants in JSON. Fix for ticket
- Disallow control characters inside of strings in JSON. Fix for ticket
- Limit the depth of recursion for JSON objects and arrays in order to avoid
excess stack usage in the recursive descent parser. Fix for ticket
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.